Have you enabled Yahoo Account Key to secure your Account?
As you have already created a strong password for your Yahoo mail account, you are being lazy to enable Yahoo Account key. However, Passwords can be guessed by using high-level of hacking tricks, but Yahoo Account key is the best way to secure your Yahoo Account.
In most of the instances, Yahoo account holder doesn’t consider their email account as sensitive as their online banking account. As most of the users think that their email accounts contain nothing sensitive, there is nothing beyond messages with friends and Families. But, let me tell you that email accounts are a veritable gold mine of information for hackers.
If you are an active online user, you must be aware of the fact that whenever you need to register yourself in any websites, you are asked register with email addresses instead of creating a separate username. So, if the authority of your email accounts is gained by hackers; then they can use your personal information to fulfill their malicious intent.
Back in 2016, Yahoo Inc. revealed that in August 2013, it suffered a security breach that affected more than 1 billion member’s accounts, which was double in a number of its 2014 hack. In this day and age of online hacking and data breaches, it is always a matter of concern whether your mail is secure or not.
In order to control these malicious attacks, Yahoo unveiled a password-free sign-in called Yahoo Account Key. This feature works on push notifications to let people into their accounts.
What is Yahoo Account Key?
Initially, Yahoo Account key feature may seem little puzzling, but it is a safe way to log in to your Yahoo! Mail account with your phone just by typing “yes”. It is basically an advanced streamlined version of two-factor authentication, which includes a password and a temporary code sent to a phone or tablet.
We all know that email can be read easily, as it is highly user-friendly and its data are not unencrypted. However, this feature of the mail invites danger that may lead to the hacking of the email account. In order to protect the account from such malicious attacks, it is highly recommended to keep the strong accessing password for your email account.
However, it’s not that easy to remember strong passwords. It is really annoying to remember special characters and numbers. Don’t worry Yahoo has come up with an easy way out to secure your Yahoo account. If we talk about Yahoo account key reviews; it is already used by millions of Yahoo mail user to keep the account safe and secure. So, enable Account key feature in your Yahoo account and save yourself to remember the long and complex passwords.
How to set-up Yahoo account key?
Get into your account just by Tapping “Yes” to the push notification sent to your device. Here are some easy steps that can be used to enable Yahoo Account key for every device. Whether you are using Yahoo mail account on Mobile, desktop or iOS device, we have mentioned steps for each device.
Set up of Yahoo email Account Key from any Mobile device:
- Download the updated version of Yahoo app on your mobile device.
- After the successful installation of Yahoo mail app, Sign in to your Yahoo mail account.
- After getting into your account, tap on the Menu icon.
- Again tap on Account Info.
- Then tap on Account security.
- Tap on “See how it works”.
- Select your device, which you wish to use for receiving push notification
- Tap on yes, send me a notification.
- A notification will go to the device you selected.
- Check your device, tap on the Approve icon Image of the Account Key accept
- Go back to your mobile app; Tap on “Always use Yahoo Account Key”.
- Confirm your phone number.
Set up of Yahoo email Account Key from any desktop:
- Login to Yahoo account through https://login.yahoo.com/.
- Click on the Setting icon
- Then click on Account Info.
- Further, click on Account security.
- Click See how it works.(make sure you have yahoo app on your device)
- Select your device and app to be notified on.
- Click yes, send me a notification.
- A notification will be sent to the device you had selected.
- On your device, Click on the Approve icon Image of the Account Key accept button.
- Back in your web browser, click on “Always use Yahoo Account Key”.
- Confirm your phone number.
Setup of yahoo email Account Key from the iOS device:
- Install the latest version of Yahoo app
- Login to your Yahoo mail account.
- Tap on the Menu icon Image of the Sidebar menu icon.
- Tap on the Account Key icon Image of the Account Key icon.
- Tap on Setup Account Key.
- Tap on the Approve icon Image of the Account Key accept
- Tap on Got it.
- Tap on Enable Account Key.
How to sign in with Yahoo Account key?
After successful setup of Account Key, you can get into your Yahoo account or deny its access with just a tap. Isn’t it amazing? Here are the easy steps that you can follow to sign in to your account with account key.
- Go to account login or info page through any browser
- Sign in to your account by providing username
- Then click on Next.
- A notification will be sent to your Account Key enabled device.
- Check your device, tap on the notification or tap on the Account Key icon Image of the Account Key icon found by your account name.
- Tap on the Approve icon Image of the Account Key accepts button.
- You might be prompted to either enter or tap a verification code to confirm.
- Confirm the verification to access your Yahoo mail.
Despite Yahoo Account Key is one of the important features that help you to secure your account, which adds an extra level of security to your account. But, what if you lose your Yahoo! Mail account Key Phone or your apps stops working properly?
Don’t panic!! In order to avoid such cases, you are required to turn off of Yahoo account key. Just follow the steps mentioned below carefully and regain the access to your account again.
How to disable Yahoo Account Key?
- Open any web browser on your desktop
- After this go to your Yahoo Account info page.
- Click on the Account security.
- Now Click on Manage option next to Yahoo Account Key.
- Click on the Disable Account Key.
- Click on “Yes”, disable Account Key to verify.
- Click on “Got it”.
- Finally Yahoo account key is disabled for your account. You need to provide your old password to access your account.
If still any question related to Yahoo account key is bothering you; directly call on Yahoo support number for instant help. The top notch certified tech experts are available around the clock to cater a flawless service to the customers.