Yahoo is one of the leading free webmail service providers and gaining immense popularity over time due to its amazing features. Yahoo had a number of options for Yahoo password recovery if forgotten. The password retrieval options included-
- Password recovery using an alternate email address
- Password recovery using a recovery mobile number
- Password recovery by answering security questions
But after it reported two major data breaches of the user accounts in 2016, the option of password recovery by answering security questions was removed from the list as it had a key role in the breach. Security questions are meant to help you in retaining the access to your account when you forget your password and designed to protect your account. But they actually provided hackers with a loophole to enter your account, and hence removed.
Now come the recovery options via email and mobile number. It is easy to reset Yahoo password via these two methods. In case you have no more access to your mobile number, you can use your email address listed on your Yahoo account to regain the forgotten password
To Recover Yahoo Account Password without The Phone Number:
- To start the process, go to Sign-in Helper
- Enter the secondary email address listed on your Yahoo account
- Click Continue
- If asked, enter the CAPTCHA code.
- Click Yes, text me an Account Key on email, to receive the text message on your email. Just make sure that you have logged into your account to receive the verification code.
- Now Yahoo will send an Account Key to your email secondary email account.
- Provide the Account key into the given area and then click Verify
- Now you can select an account, you need to reset from the list connected to your email address.
- Click Continue.
Once your password is changed, don’t let it become an easy prey to the internet wolves hungry for your account data and information, to feed their nefarious intentions. Keeping few steps in mind can prevent you from getting yourself locked out of your account.
- Never give your account sign-in information to anyone because you will never know what is cooking in their mind.
- Choose a strong password for your account, but not a complicated one. People often confuse a strong password with a complicated one. A strong password is easy to remember and difficult to crack. It contains a combination of letters, numbers and special characters.
- Change your password on a regular basis so that if someone is snooping on your password and close to guess or crack your password will get nothing out of this endeavor eventually. If an unwanted intrusion has been already made in your account, changing the password will throw it out of your account.
- Never use your primary Yahoo account password for various other online accounts. If you lose your password, you are under a severe security threat as hackers may try your password to access your other accounts.
- Always keep your eyes on the ball. Keep yourself aware of the ongoing and changing internet trends as it can reduce the security threat on your account to a great extent.
With these easy steps, you can get back to your Yahoo account and access your important data and information. Having trouble in performing these steps, acquire the necessary help from Yahoo help center and get your problem resolved in a negligible span of time.